Monday, October 19, 2009

Dear FBI,

With all due respect, I want to understand just what goes on in your department when it comes to the clearance of ones fingerprints.
I am just a woman waiting for your go-ahead. Once I get your approval I will be able to have children in my home that may not otherwise know love, trust, comfort, warmth, stability, safety and other basic needs that all children deserve to know. Do you know this?
Do you know that there are children hurting all over the world, the country, the state, your city who need people like us to rescue them and it all has to go through you?
Do you know that my home has been ready and willing with a mom and a dad and two big brothers who flip over babies for over a year and a half?
Do you know that a nursery has been all set up complete with over 20 pairs of baby shoes, blankets, bibs and burp rags collecting dust just waiting for your response?
Do you know I have never even had a speeding ticket? I have lied a few times to spare feelings but I've worked all of that out with God and I also stole Megan Lemke's Valentine's necklace in the 3rd grade (also dealt with God on that) but other than that my record is completely clean. Now, I have no documentation to prove this, but the whole idea to get foster children in the first place was Gods, and He certainly knows more than you about my history, again, with all due respect, so perhaps if you could just communicate with Him directly we could get things moving much quicker?
I know what you do is very complicated. I know you have a lot going on in your FBI life. Fingerprint clearance may or may not be on the top of your list. But please just know that it is most important for me and the other families who are waiting for children, but more importantly for the children who are waiting for us. Imagine being a child in a desperate, hopeless situation and then try to tell yourself "one more day won't make much of a difference". I can only imagine that each day must feel like an eternity to them.
Do you hear my heart?
Do you know how bad I want to help?
Do you know you are the only one who is standing in my way?
Please, oh please eat your lunch at your desk until there are no more fingerprints to be approved.
And if the system isn't running right, CHANGE IT. This is not clearance to get a job, this is not clearance to go on vacation, this is clearance to save a life. A life without a voice. Save the life. Be the voice.
I can still wait, and I will wait until my prints are finally good enough for you. But I just wanted to make sure you knew the story behind the tiny black lines pressed on the white paper...to push you a little harder at the clearing of the prints job...to encourage you to use your power wisely and swiftly because with that power comes a responsibility to do the right thing. For the kids.
I'm ready to do my job...to rock, to calm, to cuddle, to sing, to laugh, to hold, to teach, to love. All I ask is that you do yours...

Sincerely, Future Foster Parent Darbi

4 comments:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

Does this mean you didn't "pass" again? If so...I'm screaming over here in Portland! If you are still waiting to hear...you know how I feel about waiting for your baby to come home...ugh. The joy comes from knowing that you ARE a future foster parent. Hold onto that. I'm thinking of you and can't wait to hear good news!

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm screaming too, with Autumn.

I'm thinking maybe the FBI will hear it and read your post.

It will happen.

Much love until then.

Beth said...

Oh Darbi, you made the tears work on this posting! I am so sad for you. You are one of the strongest people I know. Your prayers will be heard and hopefully soon!

Sue said...

Darbi, Sweet Pea:
Did you actually send the letter to the FBI? If not, please do so
immediately! It would be durned
effective!
I love you.
Your Sue-Mom