Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oh, to be a cat.


After a 10 day trip in our new, used van down to Souther California and back, we rush home to prepare for the home visit in two days. Here is my to do list:
1. Cover all outlets.
2. Secure fire screen.
3. Create diaper changing station in baby's room.
4. Put baby's clothes away.
5. Put current family's mountain of clothes away.
6. Have Mike do fire safety check.
7. Do a fire drill with the boys and have them pretend we do it often.
8. Tackle boys' bedroom.
9. Clean my closet.
10. Exercise or owe Aunt Carolyn $5.
11. Find a home for the frog.
12. Get fitted for bridesmaid dress.
13. Get boys' proof of vaccination.
14. Get cat's proof of vaccination.
15. Make fingerprint appointment, as I received notice of FAILURE.
16. Clean my craft area (impossible).
17. Clean Blake's craft area (impossible-er).
18. Baby locks on cupboards.
19. Look for waterproof crib sheet.
20. Volunteer in Blakes' class.
21. Test the monitor bought on e-bay.
22. DEEP CLEAN EVERY SQUARE INCH OF EVERYTHING.
Here, now is a to-do list for Gus, my cat, who also is a member of this family and also has a home visit in two days:
1. Eat.
2. Nap.
3. Poop.
4. Stretch.
5. Repeat.
Oh, to be a cat.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are so funny. I'l be praying thursday goes well!

The Land of the Lamberts said...

I wish I lived closer. I would honestly help you with errands and/or house work. My house is actually somewhat clean the start of this week! I'm sure by Friday, it will be a disaster, but if we're not home than no one can make messes. So exciting to have a home visit! Can't wait to read about it.

lori said...

What. You plan to do all of that in two days?

Mwaaaa haaa haaa haaa.

Sorry. I mean, go Darbi!! Some of these can be combined, like finding a home for the frog and Gus's first task. What else...let's see: exercising and cleaning the boys' room.

Anyway, how exciting. I'm tuned in for how it goes!

Rachel @ Lautaret Bohemiet said...

Good suggestions, Lori!

I do wonder though, Darbi... how did you fail your fingerprints? Were they not yours?