Sunday, December 7, 2008

In honor of baby Klovdahl

Makenna showing Blake some love

Preslie, Blake and Makenna at church






My heart is heavy today for some of my best friends, the Klovdahls. Their 4th baby passed in the 10th week of pregnancy. Again, it is so hard to be away from friends and "celebrating" while you know they are hurting and you want to be hugging them and taking care of them. Since I can't, I just wanted to honor their little sweetie on my blog.




It's funny how we girls get when we find out we're pregnant, or even a friend is pregnant. As soon as we see that pink line on the pregnancy test, we already have that child's life planned out for them. I will tell you MY plan for that fourth Klovdahl child. =-)


SHE was going to have fluffy light brown hair, huge chubby cheeks, and look just like her big sister Makenna. She would be even more laid back than her big brother Connor (hard to imagine) and she would be fought over by all of the youth group girls to be held for the first two years of her life.


She was going to grow up with our family and go camping, go to the beach, go to church, and be in our pictures, our memories, our daily lives. She would say things that would make us laugh. She would fall down and cry and we'd run to save her. She'd call Kelsie from college when her boyfriend broke up with her and Kelsie would call me to tell me all about it.

I could go on and on but the point is that once again God has allowed a curve ball to be thrown into the lives of my friends and it sucks. But I know and they know that He will get them through this difficult time and that while we WANT this baby so badly to be with us, there is NO better place for her to be than safely in the arms of Jesus...until we join her in Heaven one day and can hold her for the very first time. Whole, healthy, complete, chubby Klovdahl cheeks and all.

I love you guys to bits and will be home soon.


And for you guys in blog land, I posted pics of Makenna and Blake from a few years back so you could see how cute the Klove kids are. They make the cutest babies, I swear!!!

1 comment:

Mars said...

That is so sad. Send them my condolences. That is a terrible thing to go through.
I'll be praying.
Marlene