Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Out of their little mouths...


Grab your coffee, hot chocolate or martini of choice because once agian, it's story time, but this time, it's about those funny Johnson boys:

1. Yesterday I wanted the boys to nap SO bad. We have had two days of HECK with them because they won't nap PLUS they are learning to fight like cats. So I put them in their bunks and threatened them with the swatting spoon from the get go. "If you boys get out of bed or talk, I will go down stairs and get the spoon. " Their eyes got as big as silver dollars and they said, "Okay mamma!" They immediately laid down and were silent. I went to the next room and watched my latest addiction, Adoption Story on Discovery Health, and over it I could barely hear them chattering. Then they got louder...and louder...until suddenly they were full on yelling because Tyler wouldn't go get Blake a book he wanted. I really wouldn't spank the boys for talking, so I shouldn't have threatened it in the first place so I muted the TV and yelled, "BOYS, THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!" Dead silence. Then I hear Tyler, 3, from the bottom bunk say, "Blake, what did she thay?" (He has a lisp that is priceless.) Silence. "Blake, what did she thay? Did she thay this is our last morning?" Again, Blake fearing the spoon, said nothing. "Blake, I just don't know what she thaid and I just need thumbody to tell me what she means!" 5 minutes later, they were sound asleep, after their final morning. =-)


2. Today at naptime I had a suprise for them. They always sleep with a CD on and I had just fixed a Veggie Tales CD they used to listen to all the time. While they were laying down, I pushed play and it started. I expected them to freak with excitement. Instead Blake (5) said, "Mommy, it's my turn to pick the music,"

I said, "I know honey, but I fixed your CD so I put it on for you."

He replied, "But I need to listen to the radio because I need to hear the news. If we listen to the CD, I'll miss the news and won't know what's going on." Yep, he's Mike's kid.


3. The other day I took Tyler to a scrapbooking store. The gal who worked there was about 19 and wearing low-rise jeans. She was filling up a sticker rack that was on a bottom shelf so she was squatting down and her pants were very low. Tyler was watching what she was doing very carefully. I was in a different section of the store and all of a sudden heard him say in his non-indoor voice, "Aren't you going to pull your panth up?" (again with his lisp) I wanted to run out of the store and leave him there, but I think you can get arrested for that. The gal just looked at him without a smile and reached back and pulled her panth up. I went and took his hand and kept him with me.

Later that day Blake and Ty were playing with their Legos. They didn't know I was listening. Tyler, out of the blue says, "Hey Blake, today at the store, I sawed a girls underbuns!" Not kidding! Aparently locker room talk starts at 3. Dear Lord, help me!

4 comments:

Teabo Chica said...

ahh I just have a cup of tea and I am reading your stories and loving them to tears and laughter!!! So much fun your house is so much friend!

Melissa said...

They are 5 and 3 and just now learning to fight - must be a boy thing! The girls do things like "Don't look at me!" "She's sitting too close" and if Teagan (2.5) can't do anything else, she just pulls Zoe's hair! Fun times!

Lindsay said...

I laughed so hard over the 'underbuns' one I had to read it to Craig.

Don't you just love that they have each other, though? Those little overheard conversations are priceless.

Unknown said...

I might have to reevealuate how I answered the discipline question on your adoption questionarre.