Friday, May 1, 2009

A slow pace to end the race...

The paperwork is so slow. They submitted it in February and still haven't cleared us for our background checks. The reason? My fingerprints FAILED. Didn't think it was possible, but yes, turns out it is. In fact the sweet man who came to do our home visit said he has clients who have been working for over a year to have their fingerprints pass through the FBI. PRAY we do not become one of those clients. This would fall into the category of "fun" along with getting all of my toenails pulled out without any drugs. No, I haven't had that done, it's just where my mind went right then. Yes, I'm going a little bit crazy. May 7th is the day I get the prints re-done.
The home visit was good. The man who came was gentle and sweet. I expected hard-nosed and anal. The kind of rule enforcer who loves to enforce...just because. All of us know a "that guy". But he wasn't. He wants us to succeed in this ministry and we could tell. The list of things to get done was far more intimidating than he was. This is the difference between working with our private agency and working with the state. We're not just case #435.6, we're the Johnson family. After he went over the few things we need to change, he kindly said, "Can I pray with you?" and he did. On our couch. And it was wonderful. The guy who tests our water temperature cares about our future family member and our well being and our boys' well being and I felt God's peace.
He said, "Now we do have a lot of waiting to do on the state and that is not in our control, but just remember it is in God's timing...and you'll have a baby this summer." (giggle, giggle)
As I wait out these next couple of months, I will feel at times they are going so slow. But I think of my Autumn who waited so long and finally has her miracle baby and know I can do it. I think of my Hutchisons and how long they tried and tried to make a family and couldn't. Now they have three toddlers and don't even have time to sit down. I can do it. Until my baby is with me, I'll keep carrying my cat around in my moby wrap so I can get those knots down. Better I drop her, as she can land on her feet right? (Don't judge me.) Thanks, as always for your support!

1 comment:

Autumn and Dan's family said...

The waiting is so hard, but there is end in sight. Seriously, this Summer? That is so soon! I'll be anxiously awaiting news of baby girl! Keep me posted!